The English version of the ICT Toolbox for small NGOs is now available!
Last year, CartONG published a study on the use of ICTs by small aid organisations in French as well as a toolbox to help them along in their use of ICTs.
The toolbox was comprised of 26 good practice, tool tip & user feedback sheets which could be used by any small aid organisations wishing to use ICTs and needing guidance to do so.
CartONG received very positive feedback from the humanitarian sector after the publication of the study and toolbox, and have been meaning to extend the outreach of these work tools, in particular in non francophone areas of the world.
Our wonderful CartONG volunteers have helped to translate to English all of the good practice and tool tip sheets, which can therefore be found here as individual one pagers:
Good Practice Tip sheets:
- Good Practice Tip sheet 1- Choosing your mobile device
- Good Practice Tip sheet 2- Optimise the energy consumption of your mobile devices
- Good Practice Tip sheet 3- Share your connexion with other devices
- Good Practice Tip sheet 4- Managing your project information
- Good Practice Tip sheet 5- Secure your mobile device
- Good Practice Tip sheet 6- Protection beneficiaries’ personal data
Tool Tip sheets:
- Tool Tip sheet 1- Using Dropbox to archive your project documentation
- Tool Tip sheet 2- Using What’sApp to make calls over the internet
- Tool Tip sheet 3- Sharing a photo (and geotagging it)
- Tool Tip sheet 4- Using Feem to share documents without the internet
- Tool Tip sheet 5- Scanning documents
- Tool Tip sheet 6- Using language apps
- Tool Tip sheet 7- Conducting Mobile Data Collection with ODK Collect
- Tool Tip sheet 8- Calculating surfaces with area collector
- Tool Tip sheet 9- Using Maps.Me to have access to an offline map on your smartphone
- Tool Tip sheet 10- Making your first online map with uMap
- Tool Tip sheet 11- Creating and visualising data with Google Earth
- Tool Tip sheet 12- Using a weather app to improve agricultural productivity
- Tool Tip sheet 13- Monitoring your water points with mWater Explorer
- Tool Tip sheet 14- Giving pregnant women access to advice with GiftedMom
- Tool Tip sheet 15- Identify and collect geographical information with OSMAnd
The user feedback sheets will be made available in English at a later stage. In the meantime, the whole ICT toolbox for small NGOs is available in French here: https://mediatheque.agencemicroprojets.org/boite-outils-ntic-microprojets/.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to CartONG if you are interested by the project and would like to learn more: email@example.com